Day 2 - Blogging Everyday in September!!




I got a lot of well-wishes yesterday, after I announced that I would be blogging everyday in September.  I have to admit that part of me is a bit scared to disappoint myself and fail such challenge... but here it is.  
Day 2.

I have quite a few posts planned out already, but today, I clicked on "new post" and started typing away.  I figured this would be the best way for you to see how my mind sometimes work.  Wow, am I really  free flowing right now?  YUP!  Ok, so... what to write... what to write...  The kids are napping, which means, this is the perfect time for me to get my chores done, right?  I've been struggling with this lately.  On one hand I want to "get things done", but on the other hand, I REALLY NEED some ME time... time to relax, read, have dessert, or blog.  OR sometimes, I just need a good NAP.  But here I am, I chose to spend a few minutes in front of this computer, sharing with all of YOU what's on my mind today.

This morning, while Joel took Joshua out to run some errands, I found myself holding Elsie and realizing that this very moment will pass me by and never return again.  The speed to which she is growing and developing is unbelievable!  I don't want to have any regrets.  And if I "miss out" on some individual freedom, so what?  I am truly trying to enjoy these special moments with her.  

But, LET'S BE HONEST, Helen!!!  (*ok, yeah, I'm talking to myself...*) Don't I wish I could have some time by myself, to go shopping, get myself some Starbucks, get my nails done, do some reading at Barnes&Noble... sure, I "wish" I could!  These days if I go to the grocery store by myself, I consider myself a happy mamma.  Taking a shower at night is considered my time-out from the kiddos... and ahhh, that feels so good at the end of a busy day!  So, YES, I do hunger and thirst for some Me-time.  

BUT...

I remind myself, once again, that God has blessed me with the wonderful responsibility of being a parent.  I cannot and will not trade this role for anything!  How else do I exercise the amazing gift of LOVE, unconditional LOVE, in the flesh?  How else do I experience God's eternal love for me?  It's only through expanding His gift to me, through me.  Does that make any sense?  It does to me.  

So, there... I'm giving you a glimpse of what's on my mind... And that only took me about 8 minutes.  If you're thinking this blogging thing takes too much time of your day or mine, think again... it can be quite fun!

Enjoy your Friday!  

I'll see you tomorrow!

Leave a Comment

  1. sometimes the best posts are free flowing, lol. and good luck on blogging every day. I've tried several times and the usually miss by the middle of the month. hahaha
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete