Wearing Someone Else's Shoes




I recently got a glimpse of what it would feel like to be someone else.  To think and feel like someone else.  I know.  Weird thought, right?
Let me just preface this post by saying this...  I will not go into too many details.  Maybe not many details at all.  Hmmm, now that I think about it, instead of deleting these last few sentences and starting this post over, I'll just put it out there.  I'll be vague.  VERY vague.  Just because...

Ok, so, yesterday I had one of those outer body experiences.  You know what I mean...  when you KNOW something is happening to you but you wonder, "is this really happening?"  It was like God was hitting me upside the head with a big "I told you!" but without those exact words.  

For no particular reason, I came home from that experience (I told you I was going to be vague) thinking to myself, "Ok, I get it.  Now I know how it feels to be in someone else's shoes."  To actually feel how they feel.  To see what they see.  To hope what they hope for.  To perceive the way they perceive.  I was them!  And for the first time, my A-HA moment was someone else's A-HA moment.

If you're not confused by now, I congratulate you.  Because I am utterly confused by my own thoughts.  But it's too late to delete this post.  

Wait, did I attempt to delete this post before?

See?  This is what I was talking about.  The idea of putting myself in someone else's shoes.  To assume.  To pretend that I know.  To have my opinion of what they think, see, perceive.  When in REALITY, I'm not them.  I'm ME.  And that's all I can be!  

But yesterday... it was different.  God blessed me with someone else's perspective.  Someone else's experience.  Someone else's vision.  Feelings.  

Now what?  

Now I go on, with an enriched idea of what someone else might be thinking and experiencing.  I go on with the wisdom that I, too, might be perceived the way they do me.  

Vague enough?


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment