Impossible for God?





As I was scrolling down my Instagram feed this afternoon, I came across this quote.
I couldn't stop thinking about it.
I read it over, and over, and over again....
Then re-read it...
And I began to think about the Sunday School lesson I had already been planning for tomorrow.

Prayer.

"The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." James 5:16b

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.  Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21

How often do I pray like I REALLY believe that God will answer my prayers?  How often do I pray for the impossible, having faith that God will make the impossible possible for Him?  When was the last time I prayed for the impossible?  If there is absolutely NOTHING impossible for God, why am I doubting His power?  Why am I doubting His goodness?  Why do I doubt His faithfulness?  
I may not be bluntly saying that I "doubt"... but by not presenting my requests to Him, I am holding on to my human anxieties and fears, and getting in the way of God to work.  Unbelief.

I believe God has GOOD plans for me.  Absolutely!  
I believe God has blessing after blessing reserved for me.  Absolutely!
I believe that He is GOOD and that His love endures FOREVER.  Absolutely!

So, help me, Lord!  Help my unbelief!

Help me to pray hard.
To pray without ceasing.
To pray with thanksgiving.
Believing.
Knowing that my prayers have great POWER.
That you hear me.

Amen.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment