Being the mother of 2 very strong-willed children isn't easy.
I have my ups and downs when it comes to parenthood and today was one of those days... I decided it was good and honoring to God to be intentional about parenting with grace, patience, and reliance on Him.
This morning I had the privilege of attending the last MOTTTS meeting of this 2011-2012 school year.
WHAT AN AMAZING GROUP OF MOTHERS!
I am ALWAYS in awe of how real these ladies are. And how God shows up weekly, faithfully, during these meetings. God has used this group of ladies to teach me, challenge me, and encourage me during the most difficult times of my transition here. There is no doubt that I am striving to be a better wife, mother, daughter, friend, neighbor, and sister in Christ to those around me, all because of the work God is doing in my life.
So, this morning, being the last meeting of this school year, we walked down memory lane and reviewed the book (Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl) we studied this year, as well as shared some of the ways God stretched us this year, to become more than just a Bible study girl :) We laughed (A LOT), we cried, we remembered, and praised God together.
Since I didn't share it during our meeting (I wasn't prepared to share... for some reason I had so much in my mind and was trying to be attentive to everyone else in that room), I thought I write them down here. Besides, this is my blog and I can write/share whatever I want to, right?
Ok, lessons from this past year's MOTTTS meetings:
1. I am not equipped to handle other people's stuff... the good and the bad. One of the things I learned was that I am not to covet other people's stuff... schedules, personalities, gifts, material things, relationships, etc. God knows exactly what I am able and equipped to handle.
2. My "uglies" come out and I am called to PRAISE and BE THANKFUL. I get angry. A LOT. I get frustrated, irritated, short, mean, harsh... you name it. I get IT. It can happen in the morning, afternoon, or at night. I get angry at my children, my husband, my family, friends, any random person who might cross my path that particular moment. WHY? Why do I do that? My heart is not right with God when I forsake my times with Him. I already know that I completely depend on His mercies, daily, so I can tell that when I'm angry, it's only because I denied and refused to be in His presence. So, when my "uglies" come out, I am called to get on my knees and praise God for who He is and who I am in His eyes.
3. I was challenged to be a vessel and source of encouragement to those around me. SO, when I hear someone share that they're going through a tough time, or if I sense that someone is in need of an encouraging word, I DO IT, right there and then, OR, by sending them a card. I am committed to carrying that out for as long as I can.
4. God is preparing me now, to accomplish His purposes for my life in the future. All I need to do is focus on Jesus and keep moving forward... one step at a time, one day at a time, one challenge at a time.
5. I'm not JUST a stay-at-home-mom. I am the "manager" of my household.
I'll need to get used to NOT going to MOTTTS every Thursday morning during the Summer.
But I am looking forward to what God will do in all of our lives while we're apart.
So, ladies... have fun!
Enjoy your children daily.
Enjoy your time with God.
Eats lots of chocolate covered strawberries (or pineapples... yum!)
Love your husbands.
Dance with your little ones!
It's ok to be silly! :)