Me?? Joining a Book Club??




I LOVE to read.

I LOVE sitting down with a cup of coffee and a good book at hand.

I LOVE ending my day reading in my bed.

So, wouldn't it make sense for me, a book lover, to join a Book Club?

For the FIRST TIME in my entire adult life, I can say that I've "joined" a Book Club.  


It is one of the ministries of (in)courage called Bloom (in)courage.  This is the same Book Club I followed when reading
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (another MUST READ!!)  
I am absolutely enthralled by the new book in their study, "The Fitting Room" by Kelly Minter. 


The foundation for this book is Colossians 3:12: Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  

Remember my last blog post?  
How cool is it that the Lord chooses to speak to me through books like this one?  

If you're looking for good - and at times quite deep - reading material, check Minter's The Fitting Room.  And let me know what YOU think of this idea, of putting on God's virtues BECAUSE He has chosen me, loved me, and made me holy.  It is not the other way around.  We don't "wear" God's virtues, such as compassion, kindness, humility and self-control to become better Christians.  We GET TO wear them BECAUSE God's chosen  us.  
Our job is to learn to wear them.  
WHAT A GIFT!

Leave a Comment

  1. I am a bit behind... just started reading Kelly's book. Good so far! Bloom is such a fun idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about that book...sounds like an excellent read, but I need to finish the ones I have first...I'm a slow reader. =(

    ReplyDelete