It's OH-KAY!




At 34 weeks along in my pregnancy, I've realized that the one thing I've been consistently craving has been...


C-O-C-O-N-U-T

Everything and anything that contained "coconut" in their ingredient list...
So, this afternoon, out on a whim, I decided to try these super easy coconut macaroons.  
It is SERIOUSLY the easiest and fastest treat I've ever made!
If you're a coconut fan like me, give this one a try!



Coconut Macaroons
(makes one dozen)

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut ( I used sweetened, then decreased sugar amount)
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg whites
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
Combine ingredients; stir well.  Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350F for 20 minutes;  cool on wire rack (the LONGEST wait ever if you're 34 weeks pregnant!!!)

That's it!  



Believe me!  They won't last long!  Might have to double the recipe NEXT TIME (because there WILL BE a next time!)... or hide them from the kids!

Enjoy!


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment