A Raw Entry From My Journal... Slapping Jesus in the face?




"From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised!"  
Psalm 113:3


This is the verse that's been on REPLAY on my mind lately, and today I randomly opened to it.  
Every second of every day was created for me to praise the Lord.  
I find that the more PRAISE and THANKSGIVING I give God, the less angry I get.  
It's not an instant response (believe me!), but it does calm my heart and mind.  
Reflecting and thanking Jesus for His sacrifice on the cross for my sin makes my moment of sin a slap in His face... 
and I don't want to do that!  
And that's what it is... every time I CHOOSE to stay in my anger and sin, I am choosing to slap my Savior in His face!  
I hurt Him.
I hurt myself.
Forgive me, LORD!

May I be a woman, a mother and wife that reflects the love and character of Christ.  
May I continually work out my faith so that I can daily become more like Jesus.  
Oh, Lord, help me to do just that.  
And help me to STOP and listen to your Spirit when I can't rely on my own strength.  
Help me to trust in You and You ALONE.

Amen

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment