Random Tuesday...




After a busy weekend... comes a busy Monday.  For those who don't know, I work part-time as an Adolescent Chemical Dependency counselor and Mondays are my "full" day at work.  I enjoy sharing life and worshipping God on Sundays with my church family, and sometimes those are some of the few times I get to have some adult conversations :)  But then comes Monday.  As much as I enjoy and appreciate what I do with my clients at work, I wake up wanting to stay home with Joshua...

How can you resist this face?



But today is Tuesday and I get the ENTIRE day with him! :)  This morning as I was nursing and praying for him, it occurred to me that he won't be a tiny baby forever.  My mind started wandering off to his adolescent days... when my biggest worry won't be "will he take a nap today?" but cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, heart breaks, bullies, sports injury, grades, or pure rebellion.  Hmmm...  stop, Helen!  And enjoy today!

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:33-34

So... as Joshua takes his morning nap, I am rejoicing in God's faithfulness.  And as my favorite Psalm reminds me, "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."  Psalm 16:11.  I have so much to learn as a mom and wife.  But one thing I know.  I can rest assured that He knows me, and His presence fills me with joy.  Amen?

Have a blessed Tuesday!

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment