My newly found appreciation for color... and FABRIC!




I am certainly not the best seamstress out there.  I confess.  But one does not need to even know how to sew to appreciate the richness of color, textures, designs, and "flavor" of the many fabrics that are out there.  I am very new to this whole sewing world, and I must also admit that I'm very novice when it comes to knowing my fabric designers. 

But today I'm going to write solely on what I've been able to find at my local fabric store... you know.. the big chain fabric store :)  Here's a small glimpse of my young collection:




The colors are so pretty!!  I had to stop browing through the store, otherwise I could have easily gotten three times as much fabric!  Today I had a few minutes of peace while Joshua was playing in the basement.  So I decided to put together my own burpcloths.  I've seen them for sale all over Etsy, and I thought to myself, "I can make that!" 

So, here it is!  I'm inspired to make more of these...





So, needless to say, I need to start using my fabrics on something.  Any ideas?? 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment