Waking up to a New Year




Wow, today is already day 10 of 2014 and I have yet to say, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you who faithfully follow my blog.  
Where is the time going?  
Seriously!
With every start of a new year, we all have those goals and resolutions we aim to "be better", "do better", or simply... to stop doing certain things.  This year isn't any different.
I "woke up" to a new year with a deeper desire to change a few things.  But hang on... I'm not saying I want to have the so-called New Year's Resolutions, yeah, the same old ones we're all guilty of failing.  No. I'm blogging about it so I can come back to them and say, "I. Did. It!"  
So, also, I want to put it on here so I can have YOU, yes, YOU, keep me accountable.

Here are a few things I'll be attempting to do this year:
1. Daily pray for my children.  Daily.  Without excuses.
2. Exercise!
3. Books over Social Media.
4. Encourage others through notes/cards.
5. Be more giving.

I also have a ton of other things I want to "do", but I need to stop thinking that I need to "do" more in order to FEEL productive or better about myself.  Right?  It's not about perfection.  I'm learning that if I let myself drench in God's grace and mercy, there's not an ounce of me that needs to perform, entertain or pretend.  I just need to BE in His presence.  What a freeing way to take in each day.  Shouldn't I also be demonstrating such grace to my own family and friends?  What about that neighbor or cashier lady who I often overlook for the sake of my convenient schedule?

“Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.  But accumulate for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21 (New English Translation)

Storing treasures in Heaven.  That's It!  My theme for this year.  How can I focus more on eternal things?  How can I stop looking to temporary things to find fulfillment, and start storing up treasures in Heaven? 

May this be a year of deep pursuit of Truth.
May this be a year of greater awakening of the Spirit.
May this be a year of unseen miracles.
May this be a year of answered prayers.
May this be a year of abundant blessings.

What did YOU wake up to this New Year?

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment