A Quick Read... and Recommendation.




Are you wondering what I've been reading lately?  

I need to confess that I've been going through a LOT of good books.  Some amazing books, actually.  And I really want to share some of the best ones I've had the time to read this past year.  

In the meantime, I've been meaning to make you a quick recommendation.  


I can't remember the last time I had an entire weekend to just sit... and rest... and enjoy a quick read.  I had been meaning to pick up an epistolary book - y'know... those books written in letter form, or, those using diverse sources of written notes, letters, emails, and creative forms of writing formats to tell a flowing story.  I was in one of those moods... to read something simple and light, but touching enough to keep me engaged and reading.  I wanted to care about the characters enough.  

And I found what I needed that weekend.


"Just Sayin'" By Dandi Daley Mackall, is a bright yellow book!  THIS... friends... is a quick, but absolutely delightful story about friendship, family, finding God in strange places, and a quirky coming-of-age little book.

And did I mention it's bright yellow??!!!  LOVE.IT!

Each of the characters had a different "font", a different voice, and it was so fun to experience what it would've been like to receive their letters, emails, and personal notes, AS the characters were receiving them!  

I would recommend "Just Sayin'" to anyone who enjoys reading letters and personal notes.  To those who used to write letters and notes to their best friends.  To those who enjoy receiving snail mail... what is that?  Yes, snail mail.  I love me some pretty envelopes and stationary with my name and address on it.  Don't you?  I'd recommend to readers, young and old.  And to those who enjoy a good family and friendship story.

Anyway, just a quick recommendation.  

Pick this one up...  might be just what you're needing on a Saturday afternoon.

And come back soon... I WILL be compiling a "Best of 2017" reads from my list.  

**********************************************************
Tyndale House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.  My review has not been influenced by their generosity.  

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment